Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Slow Going Packaging

So I spent a lot of time this evening trying to coerce py2app into packaging up pygauntlet into something I could distribute to people. It kept refusing for one problem or another so I'm calling it for now. It seems to be an issue with PyOpenGL at the moment, although it could just as easily be a problem with pygame. I believe the next step is going to be to try a fresh install of python by fully uninstalling all versions other than the one that came with my OS. If I do that I'll be sure to document which steps I take on the google code wiki so that at the very least, a set of instructions will exist that will allow people to run the game from the source even if it is a little more work than just double-clicking.

No comments:

Post a Comment